Are You a High School or College Student Interested in the Medical Field?
MSI AHEC exposes students from diverse backgrounds to a variety of health careers through hands-on programming. Students attain internships in clinical and non-clinical community health placements. We engage students in health topic and career research projects, field trips to medical schools and facilities, and college readiness workshops.
Summer Health Internship Program (SHIP)
The application submission period has ended.
Current applicants will be contacted regarding their status by April 18th.
2017 Summer Program Session: July 5th – August 10th
Students will report to placement sites Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and will attend mandatory didactic sessions on Thursdays at the MSI AHEC office. Placement experiences vary from site to site.
Program Orientation (accepted students only): May 11th
- Six-week internship placements in hospitals and community-based health centers and organizations
- Weekly didactic sessions with health professionals and field trips
- Exposure to health careers and community health issues
- Student must be between 16-22 years of age at start of program
- Student must attend school or live in Manhattan or Staten Island
- Student must be a United States Citizen or have Permanent Resident Status
- Student must be interested in a career in the health field
Check back in February for 2018 application information.
2018 Application Deadline: TBA
Who should Apply:
Current high school sophomores, juniors and seniors & college freshmen in good standing and on track for promotion in June.
To contact the program manager, Nicole Charles, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-534-2432.
MY HEALTH CAREERS SUMMER CLUB 2017
For high school and college students
CHECK BACK IN MARCH FOR THE 2017 APPLICATION.
2017 Application Deadline: TBA
Only complete submissions will be reviewed.
Who should Apply:
– Current 9th, 10th, 11th grade high school students on-track for promotion in June
– High school seniors, in good standing, who plan to attend college in the fall of 2017
– College freshmen in good standing that will be sophomores in the fall of 2017
2-week intensive and interactive health career exploration program
Learn about community health issues
Tours of health-related facilities and health professions schools
Earn 40 hours of community service